The road to recovery is often challenging and overwhelming. Making the choice to seek help from addiction professionals takes great courage and determination. For this reason, at Get Treatment, we are dedicated to supporting you through every step of the recovery process and beyond. Our goal is to help you heal physically, mentally and spiritually so you can live a happier and healthier life free from drugs and alcohol.
While remaining focused on your treatment program is important, we understand the need to bring certain items to help make your transition from normal, everyday life to one of complete engagement in your recovery, a little easier. There are a few items you can bring with you to treatment that will help you feel more comfortable while you’re away from home.
The following is a list of what you will need to bring with you to treatment:
- Personal ID cards, including: driver’s license, social security card, and medical insurance card
- Co-pays for prescription medications (if applicable) – cash, credit, and debit card are accepted
- Current prescribed medications. They must be in the original pharmacy bottle with prescription information clearly visible. No samples allowed.
- 7 days of casual clothing, including a light jacket or sweater in case it gets cold
- Several pairs of undergarments, including socks and underwear
- Pajamas, bathrobe,
- Flip-flops or slippers, walking shoes or tennis shoes
- Gym clothes
- Personal hygiene items. All items must be UNOPENED. These include: toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, shampoo and conditioner, shaving cream, razor, deodorant, and bath soap
- Hair styling products such as a brush or comb. Pump hair spray only.
- Lotion, perfume, makeup products – CANNOT contain alcohol
- Swim suit, sunscreen, beach towel
- Alarm clock
- I-Pod or Walkman with NO internet connectivity or camera
- Nicotine products and E-cigarettes (Vape juice NOT allowed – must be purchased on site)
- Reading materials like books and magazines
- Photos of family, friends, and loved ones
This list of banned items is in place to ensure your safety during your recovery.
The following items are NEVER allowed:
- Narcotics or prohibited prescription drugs
- Weapons (guns, knives, scissors, or any sharp objects, etc.)
- Food and drinks
- Pillows and blankets (they will be provided)
- Stuffed animals
- Revealing or provocative clothing (sleeveless shirts, tank tops, halter tops, midriff bearing tops, short skirts, short dresses, etc.)
- Clothing with profanity or references to drugs, alcohol, gang slang or violence of any kind
- Toiletries and beauty products that contain alcohol (mouthwash, certain perfumes, etc.)
- Nail polish, nail polish remover or synthetic nail-related products
- Unapproved or previously opened over-the-counter medicines
- Video games and DVDs, electronics (televisions, gaming consoles, any computer system that connects to wifi, etc.)
- Sporting equipment
- Aerosols of any kind
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, ammonia, etc.)
- Games and playing cards
- Candles and incense