Addiction Treatment in Arizona
Every state has issues with drug abuse, and for residents of Arizona, statistics are slightly higher the national average, according to SAMHSA. That doesn’t mean that the state doesn’t face some unique challenges when it comes to addiction treatment. The fact is that much of Arizona’s population is made up of a very diverse group; from individuals that identify as white who grew up in the area, to recent immigrants from Mexico and around the world, Arizona has a unique population. Regardless, there is an alcohol or drug rehab program for everyone in the Grand Canyon State.
The Grand Canyon State boasts unprecedented natural beauty. From Grand Canyon National Park to Monument Valley, Havasu Falls, Sedona, and the Petrified Forest, Arizona is ideal for those looking to find their spirituality and immerse themselves in nature. This makes it highly appealing for those in search of drug and alcohol rehab. Find peace in Arizona and explore your options for addiction treatment in the Southwestern state.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
What are Commonly Abused Drugs in Arizona?
In the state of Arizona, marijuana is the most used and abused drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. In fact, over 2,100 admissions to hospitals for cannabis-related issues were recorded in 2013.
Following marijuana, heroin and prescription opioids like hydrocodone, commonly referred to by one of its trade names, Vicodin, are a major problem for many people within the state. Maricopa County and Pima County residents are the primary users in this area, but that doesn’t mean heroin and prescription drug abuse are not prevalent throughout the state.
The use of drugs like MDMA is relatively low when compared to other states in the U.S.
Are there Drug and Alcohol Rehabs in Arizona?
The professionals at Get Treatment understand that finding the right program for drug treatment in Arizona can be difficult and overwhelming. For this reason, we offer a free and confidential insurance verification and assessment. Our trusted and caring admissions coordinators are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right Arizona drug rehab center for your needs.
Why do I Need Detox at an Arizona Rehab Facility?
For physically and emotionally addicted users, quitting cold turkey isn’t always possible. For many, trying to quit this way is also very unsafe. Arizona drug detox centers offer a wide variety of detox programs to fit everyone’s needs.
- Non-medical detox facilities provide recovering addicts with a safe space to undergo withdrawal and start on the road to recovery. Non-medical detox does not use drugs to help patients through withdrawal, though individual and group therapy and alternative treatments like acupuncture may be used in some programs.
- Medical detoxification programs provide the aid and supervision of medical staff that are on hand to help patients deal with withdrawal symptoms, often through the use of medication. Most medical detox programs also incorporate individual and group therapy to help patients transition to the next step in their recovery.
What Arizona Drug Treatment Programs are Right for Me?
Arizona drug and alcohol treatment centers offer a range of treatment options. For the most part though, these programs are located in larger cities like Phoenix and Tucson, making it hard for people in outlying areas to get treatment in some cases. At Get Treatment, we can help you find the right program to fit your specific needs, regardless of your location.
Effective addiction treatment programs include:
- Residential inaptient treatment programs give individuals seeking addiction treatment a safe place to stay and get better over the course of several weeks. These facilities have a full medical staff and provide a multidisciplinary approach to treatment. Patients are provided with individual and group therapy, relapse prevention training and aftercare support.
- Intensive outpatient rehab programs allow users to keep their jobs and stay at home while they recover. In most cases, therapy sessions are scheduled on a daily or weekly basis. These programs can be helpful for people with mild to moderate addiction issues, but for those experiencing heavy withdrawal symptoms or who are trying to recover from a long-term addiction, outpatient program are best.
- Holistic programs serve as an adjunct to inpatient and outpatient care. These alternative treatment therapies focus more on relaxation techniques, addiction management and general wellness. Holistic programs can help supplement traditional therapies and can include yoga, acupuncture, art therapy, biofeedback, and more.
Are there Specialized Rehab Programs in Arizona?
The state of Arizona is unique in its politics and the people who populate the state. Among the most common specialized programs in Arizona, you’ll find a variety of options for people who need help with drug or alcohol abuse.
- As of June 2016, there are five listed Arizona rehabilitation facilities for men and women with a Christian faith-based focus.
- Programs for immigrants are available, though they are few and far between. Immigrants looking to get clean and sober may have to join programs where English is the only language spoken.
- LGBTQ programs are lacking in Arizona, though they do exist. Phoenix boasts the highest number of recovery facilities aimed at treating the LGBTQ community.
How Can Arizona Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers Help?
If you need treatment for drug and alcohol dependence in Arizona, we can help. Arizona drug and alcohol treatment centers offer a variety of programs dedicated to helping individuals address the underlying causes of addiction. Find treatment from a certified Arizona drug and alcohol treatment center today. Contact our admissions coordinators for more information about how to begin the recovery process.