In this article
- Finding Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment in California
- California Drug Abuse Statistics
- Can I Find a Drug Rehab in California?
- What are My Options for Drug Detox in California?
- What California Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs are Available?
- Does California offer Specialized Drug Rehab Programs?
- How can California Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers Help?
California is one of the largest states in the country and is home to a significant portion of the population. According to reported federal statistics, the rate of drug use is also about one percent higher than the national average. However, California’s rate of drug-induced deaths is lower than the national average almost every year. Still, the state deals with a lot of illegal drugs and substance abuse issues. California drug and alcohol treatment centers are dedicated to helping individuals start on the road to recovery.
The Golden State is an ideal location to seek rehab for an alcohol or drug addiction. The numerous bustling cities offer access to some of the most cutting edge medical care in the nation, while the picturesque mountainous pacific views promote peace and tranquility. Help is readily available for individuals looking to get treatment for drug or alcohol abuse. No matter what addiction you are struggling with, California drug treatment centers can help you.
- Like almost all other states, marijuana is the most widely used and abused drug in California. Marijuana use rates may be high in California, but methamphetamine use is a particular concern for law enforcement and addiction recovery specialists.
- Heroin, prescription opiates, cocaine and drugs like MDMA, often referred to as party drugs, are also major issues in the state. With close proximity to the Mexican border, many illegal drugs flow into the major cities and outlying areas in the state quickly and freely, despite border control efforts to stop the import of illicit substances.
There are over 1,300 drug and alcohol treatment centers in California. At Get Treatment, we understand that finding the right program for drug treatment in California can be overwhelming and difficult. For this reason, we offer a confidential and free assessment and insurance verification. Our trusted and caring admissions professionals are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right California drug rehab center for you.
Although the state may have higher than average drug use rates, California drug and alcohol rehab centers offer a wide variety of programs to help addicted individuals start on the road to long-term recovery. Detox programs are common in the state and a few different kinds exist in major cities like Los Angeles, as well as more rural areas.
Detoxification programs are often an essential first part of the rehabilitation process. Undergoing detox is necessary for most people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol. California drug detox programs are designed to help patients overcome their physical dependence on the substance of abuse. In order for them to discontinue the use of drugs or alcohol, all traces of the harmful chemicals must be removed from the body. This withdrawal process can be uncomfortable and painful for many so it is not recommended that detox be done alone or without the supervision of a medical expert.
There are generally two forms of detox, and the right protocol will be determined based on a serious of physical evaluations. Your history of addiction, treatment and current physical health will all be assessed before you receive any form of treatment protocol.
California drug and alcohol treatment centers offer a variety of rehab programs. These include:
- Inpatient rehab programs: Residential treatment or inpatient rehab usually lasts between 30 to 90 days, providing patients with a safe, comfortable environment to where they can fully focus on their recovery, away from drugs or alcohol. Inpatient treatment programs often provide medical detox, have professional medical staff, and provide individual therapy and group therapy.
- Outpatient programs: Outpatient rehab allows recovering addicts to stay at home and continue working, while attending group and individual therapy sessions daily or a few times per week. Outpatient rehabilitation programs are typically are not ideal for long-term users or individuals who have been to rehab and relapsed multiple times.
- Alternative or holistic treatments: Holistic treatment therapies allow patients to focus on individual reasons for drug use while seeking help in a therapeutic environment. These therapies serve as a supplement to traditional treatment protocols, and can include yoga, equine-assisted therapy, acupuncture, art therapy, biofeedback and more.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists. Don’t go through the process of recovery alone. There are people who can help you with the struggles you’re facing. Get in touch with one of us today.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
California is a diverse state with a large number of people from almost every community and group. Unlike some states in the U.S., California does have a wide range of specialized programs for almost everyone, though some research may be needed.
- Drug and alcohol addiction treatment is available for veterans through the VA in many cities, as well as through private programs designed for veterans.
- Treatment options are widely available for LGBTQ members. From specialized programs for gay men to trans-gendered individuals, California’s progressive politics make this a relatively friendly place to get help for addiction.
- Inpatient and outpatient facilities are available for people affiliated with a wide range of religious organizations. California offers 13 Christian-based recovery programs, as well as a host of other options for religious individual struggling with addiction.
California faces specific challenges when it comes to illegal drugs because of its proximity to the border. For residents, many treatment facilities are already in place for them to get help however. When it comes to recovery, California is one of the best places in the U.S. to seek treatment for addiction. If anything is lacking, it may be public programs that are readily available to those who cannot afford the more expensive private treatment options the state has to offer.
Find treatment from a certified California drug and alcohol treatment center today. Contact our admissions coordinators for more information about how to begin the recovery process.