Addiction Treatment in Colorado
Colorado is one of the first states in the country to make recreational marijuana legal for residents and visitors. While marijuana is no longer a controlled substance that police officials are as worried about in the state, that doesn’t mean that Colorado’s drug problems are over. For users, legalization doesn’t mean that addiction isn’t still possible either. Colorado is also facing a major spike in heroin abuse, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Prescription drug abuse is also a growing problem, and many residents are turning to illegal drugs like hydrocodone and other opioids. Colorado drug and alcohol treatment centers are designed to help individuals struggling with addiction start on the road to lasting recovery.
What are the Most Abused Drugs in Colorado?
Marijuana use and abuse rates are relatively high in Colorado, partly because of new legalization laws.
Opiate and prescription drug abuse are also very serious problems for the state of Colorado. While methamphetamines and party drugs like MDMA are less common, they’re still a threat to public safety for many Colorado residents.
Can I find Drug Rehab in Colorado?
The professionals at Get Treatment understand that finding the right program for drug treatment in Colorado can be difficult and overwhelming. For this reason, we offer free and confidential assessments and insurance verification. Our trusted and caring admissions professionals are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right Colorado drug rehab center to fit your needs.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists. Don’t go through the process of recovery alone. There are people who can help you with the struggles you’re facing. Get in touch with one of us today.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
What are my Options for Detox in Colorado?
For many long-term addicts, detox at a Colorado drug and alcohol rehab center is the safest and most effective way to overcome the physical dependence on drugs and alcohol. Many addicts find help and enter Colorado drug detox due to the physical and emotional trauma inflicted by drug abuse.
- Non-medical detox allows recovering addicts to withdraw from drugs and alcohol in a safe, comfortable environment. Medication is not used to control withdrawal symptoms, but addicts in recovery often get individual and group therapy in a non-medical detox facility.
- Medical detox is the safest and most effective form of detox as it can help mitigate withdrawal symptoms through the use of medication administered by medical professionals. This type of detox is typically provided in a hospital setting or residential treatment facility and helps to keep patients stable. Individual and group therapy are part of a continuing addiction treatment plan in addition to medications used during detox.
What Colorado Treatment Programs are available?
Colorado drug treatment programs are available in both public and private facilities. The most common addiction treatment programs include:
- Inpatient rehab programs are designed to provide recovering addicts with a safe and comfortable living environment where they receive treatment for 30-90 days. These programs often incorporate medication during medical detox, individual and group therapy, as well as specialized wellness programs that focus on treating co-occurring disorders.
- Outpatient programs let users live at home and seek treatment on a revolving basis. In many cases, outpatient programs allow users to keep their jobs and incorporate
partial day or a few times per week meetings to aid in recovery. Outpatient programs are less likely to include medication in the standard course of treatment.
- Holistic programs serve as a complement to traditional individual and group therapy. Alternative treatment therapies like yoga, art therapy, and acupuncture help with general wellness and life skills.
Does Colorado offer Specialized Drug Rehab Programs?
Colorado does have some specialized addiction treatment programs to help addicts get the customized care they need to recover from a drug or alcohol addiction.
Specialized treatment programs in Colorado include:
- Inpatient and outpatient facilities for veterans and individuals suffering from PTSD. These veteran-specific programs help suffering individuals deal with a particular set of issues in a more specialized and comfortable environment.
- Addiction treatment services for LGBTQ community members. Colorado does not offer as many specialized services as some states, but programs are available in larger cities like Boulder.
- Inpatient and outpatient programs for people of faith, including more than four Christian drug recovery programs as of June 2016.
How Can Colorado Drug and Alcohol Treatment Help?
Getting help for drug and alcohol addiction isn’t always easy, and getting off an addictive substance on your own isn’t always possible or safe. Through medical detox and addiction treatment programs in Colorado, many have been able to adopt a happier, more productive, and sober lifestyle.
Find treatment from a certified Colorado drug and alcohol treatment center today. Whether you are looking for inpatient residential services or intensive outpatient rehab, there is a treatment program out there for you. Contact our admissions coordinators for more information about how to begin the recovery process.