Addiction Treatment in Idaho
Idaho is a state with a small population and a lot of land. Though there are less people living in all of Idaho than in most major U.S. cities, the state still faces many of the same problems with drug and alcohol abuse as the rest of the country. There are many residents of Idaho who are suffering from alcoholism and drug dependence. Addiction is a disease that should not be ignored and that cannot be left untreated. Fortunately, there are many certified Idaho drug and alcohol treatment centers across the state to help you or your loved one obtain the care you really need.
The Gem State is well-known for its high-ranking agricultural and industrial economy, and of course, the production of 72 varieties of both precious and semi-precious gemstones. The most captivating and valued quality of Idaho though is its wilderness regions, with boundless stretches of land comprised of forests, mountains, valleys, trails, canyons, prairies, and various bodies of water. Residents and visitors of the The Gem State are presented with endless possibilities, including opportunities for either adventure or peace and tranquility. Idaho’s serene environment alone constitutes one of the many reasons behind why the state is the perfect location to start your recovery from addiction. If you are struggling with issues of substance abuse, or are dependent on drugs, Idaho drug and alcohol treatment centers are readily available and fully equipped to help you overcome addiction.
What Are Common Drugs of Abuse in Idaho?
Though Idaho faces similar trends of drug abuse as the rest of the country, substance abuse rates for the state are lower than the national average. Idaho is seeing a steady increase in the abuse of prescription opioid drugs, which is causing much concern for public safety, as it is putting many residents at risk of overdose. Heroin use is also climbing in Idaho, where the drug was once relatively difficult to find. The abuse of heroin often stems from prescription opioid abuse, due to drastic difference in prices, quantity, quality, and strength. According to KBOI, a news station located in Boise, Idaho, heroin trafficking rates are up nearly 800%. Additionally, parallel with the rest of the United States, Idaho also struggles with high rate of alcohol abuse.
How Do I Find The Right Idaho Drug and Alcohol Rehab For Me?
At Get Treatment, we understand how difficult and overwhelming it can be to find the right program for drug treatment in Idaho. For this reason, we offer a free confidential assessment and insurance verification. Our trusted and caring admissions coordinators are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right Idaho drug and alcohol treatment center for your needs.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
Does Idaho Offer Medical and Non-medical Detox?
Detox is not always an easy process, but for many people, it is an essential and incredibly helpful part of achieving a successful recovery. Idaho drug detox programs offer relief from withdrawal symptoms, and also delivers a healthier, less dangerous route for people who are long-term addicts or heavy users.
- Medical detox combines medication and specialized treatment to help alleviate the discomfort and pain of withdrawal symptoms. The course of detox typically lasts around one to two weeks depending on the severity of addiction. Inpatient rehab commonly begins after detox treatment is complete.
- Non-medical detox does not use medication during the withdrawal process. Instead, therapy programs and alternative treatments are applied and designed around a patient’s needs. This form of detox takes more of a holistic approach to help patients manage cravings, feel at ease, and follow through on completing the first stage of recovery. Non-medical detox is intended more for people with less severe addictions, or if the drug of dependence has little or no known withdrawal symptoms.
What Idaho Drug Treatment Programs Are Available?
Idaho offers a variety of different treatment programs for residents struggling with drug or alcohol addiction. Depending on your needs, there are a few different ways to get the necessary treatment.
- Inpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation allows users to move into a safe space during recovery. Typically this lasts anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. For long term addicts, the combination of medication, group and individual therapy often works best.
- Outpatient drug treatment is designed to allow addicts to stay at home and work their regular job schedule. For many, this makes quitting possible. Outpatient care may not be ideal for very heavy users who have a hard time controlling cravings in their day to day life.
- Holistic drug treatment does not provide medication for addicts and users to try and get better. The focus of these programs is on general wellness. Individual and group therapy are commonly used, as well as alternative therapy programs, such as yoga, acupuncture, chiropractic care, and exercise.
What Specialized Treatment Programs Are Offered in Idaho?
Specialized rehabilitation programs are very common in Idaho and are located all across the state. For many people these treatments – which are oriented around the needs of people facing specific challenges – are ideal for breaking free from drug and alcohol addiction once and for all.
- Specialized programs for former members of the armed services are available in Idaho. Generally these programs are aimed towards people trying to recover from both post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and addiction, as self-medicating to relieve pain is common in these individuals. Therapy is also a valuable rescource for former service members, because it focuses more on helping the person overcome past traumatic experiences that took place in the field.
- Specialized group programs for LGBTQ members have shown significant success rates in helping many of these individuals who may feel alienated from other parts of the community. LGBTQ-oriented programs can also motivate members to remain active in their recovery and seek out long-term care.
- Faith-based Idaho drug and alcohol treatment programs for Christians are widely accessible throughout the state. There are also faith-based programs that are geared towards people with other religious backgrounds.
How Can Idaho Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers Help?
Substance abuse and addiction is common everywhere throughout the country, and there are endless options for treatment and recovery available to you. You are not alone in your fight to end the cycle of addiction in order to move forward and achieve a happy, fulfilling life. All it takes is your commitment to obtain sobriety and the help of medical professionals at an accredited Idaho drug rehab. Find treatment from a licensed and certified Idaho drug and alcohol treatment center today. Contact our admissions coordinators for more information on how to begin the process of recovery from addiction.