Addiction Treatment in Massachusetts
Massachusetts has the highest population out of all the states that make up New England. The state has earned a great deal of respect for its renowned sports teams, and is well-known for repeatedly ranking number one for education in the United States. However, because of Massachusetts’ many achievements, people often overlook the rate of drug and alcohol addiction in the state. The fact is that every state suffers with problems regarding substance abuse and addiction, and residents of all 50 states can fall victim to addiction. Fortunately, residents who are struggling to overcome addiction have access to many certified and licensed Massachusetts drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers.
The Bay State was named the best state in the country overall by U.S. News & World Report in 2017. In the United States, Massachusetts is the number one provider for education, economy, government, opportunity, public safety, and healthcare. The Bay State is also home to many stunning landscapes and waterways, in addition to the picturesque views of the mountains over the horizon. The beauty and tranquility of the state makes it the ideal location to venture on the journey to recovery. The right Massachusetts drug and alcohol treatment center can provide you with the highest quality of care and help you break free from addiction.
What Drugs Are Most Commonly Abused in Massachusetts?
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, drug overdose rates in the city of Boston, Massachusetts reached its highest peak in 2013. Almost every case of overdose reported in the state resulted from heroin, prescription opioid drugs, or a combination of the two.
Cocaine is also a major concern for health officials and law enforcement in the state of Massachusetts. While Boston is still leading the pack when it comes to rates and statistics on substance abuse because of its superior population, illicit drugs are rapidly spreading to the suburbs and surrounding areas. Due to this, these areas of Massachusetts are experiencing an exponential increase in drug abuse and addiction rates as well.
Methamphetamines, benzodiazepines, and marijuana are also of concern, because abuse of these drugs is vastly common and often leads to addiction or the use of more dangerous substances. Although club and party drugs, such as ecstasy and LSD, are available in Massachusetts, this category of drugs does not seem to be a prevalent issue among the general public.
Are There Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs in Massachusetts?
At Get Treatment, we understand that finding the right program for drug treatment in Massachusetts can be both difficult and overwhelming. For this reason, we offer a free, confidential assessment and insurance verification. Our trusted and caring admissions professionals are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right Massachusetts drug and alcohol rehab that best fits your needs.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists. Don’t go through the process of recovery alone. There are people who can help you with the struggles you’re facing. Get in touch with one of us today.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
What Are The Benefits of Addiction Intervention?
Finding and obtaining addiction treatment in Massachusetts is essential for people who are dependent on drugs or alcohol. Oftentimes, it can be hard for an addict to accept their need for treatment, or they may falsely assume they can put it off, thinking it is not a priority just yet. When this occurs, family members and friends may find intervention methods to be an effective tool for getting a loved one into treatment.
When considering to stage an addiction intervention, make sure to seek the advice and guidance of a professional who specializes in interventions and can provide help throughout the process. An addiction interventionist can help you decide on which approach will be the most effective at getting your loved one into treatment, without pushing the individual away in the process.
What Are My Options For Detox in Massachusetts?
Detoxification services play a key role in the recovery process and are a valuable resource for addicts looking to stop using drugs or alcohol. Detox is almost always the first phase of addiction treatment in Massachusetts. In addition to helping patients discontinue the abuse of addictive substances, professional detox programs provide a safe and supervised environment for addicts to reside during the process of withdrawal. Patients of a Massachusetts drug detox facility must complete the program before moving on to the next phase of treatment. In order for a patient to move forward and make this transition, it is required that the physical addiction is broken, the symptoms of withdrawal have passed, and there are no longer traces of drugs and alcohol in the body. There are two main types of Massachusetts drug detox programs to consider when pursuing recovery from addiction, including:
- Medical detox: This uses medication designed to ease withdrawal symptoms, curb cravings, and keep addiction under control. During medical detox, patients are monitored by trained professionals who are experienced and knowledgeable in terms of both medicine and the nature of addiction.
- Non-medical detox: This form of detox does not utilize any type of medication. Instead, the detox facility will use therapy and holistic treatments, such as meditation, counseling, or yoga to help ease and release the physical and emotional symptoms associated with discontinuation of drug and alcohol use.
What Do Massachusetts Drug Rehab Programs Entail?
Ending the cycle of addiction is normally something that cannot be done on one’s own, and that should not even be attempted without professional help and care. Long-term addicts or heavy users who deprive themselves of qualified treatment services when trying to get clean can actually put themselves at great risk of harm. Fortunately, Massachusetts drug and alcohol treatment centers can make ending the cycle of addiction possible.
There are a variety of treatment programs available in Massachusetts, three of which are most common:
- Inpatient and residential rehabs provide a facility for patients to live and receive treatment during the principle stages of recovery. Treatment, therapy, and general wellness are the three main ares of focus for patients once they are admitted. The duration of inpatient rehab can be anywhere from 30 to 90 days depending on the patient’s progress and other addiction factors.
- Outpatient treatment programs allow patients to continue living at home and upholding to responsibilities at work, school, and in their personal life while still receiving treatment for their addiction. This program works best for people who have a strong support network at home. Outpatient treatment programs often apply one-on-one counseling sessions and regular group therapy meetings into treatment. Treatment medications are not always included in outpatient rehab.
- Holistic drug treatment programs do not make use of treatment medications, and instead rely heavily on therapeutic techniques. Talk therapy, guided meditation, yoga, exercise, and even acupuncture are some of the many therapies incorporated into this form of treatment. Holistic treatment programs may not be able to provide enough structure and techniques needed for many long-term addicts or those who have experienced several relapses and failed attempts at recovery. This form of treatment is especially beneficial when applied to rehabilitation programs and used as a method of aftercare. Many people in recovery find that holistic programs strongly aid sobriety maintenance and serve as a valuable outlet for pent up thoughts and emotions.
Are There Specialized Treatment Programs Available in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts drug treatment centers offer specialized programs that work to tailor treatment to the individualized needs of patients. Among the most common specialized rehab programs include:
- LGBTQ programs designed to help men and women of this particular community who are working to overcome addiction. LGBTQ-oriented treatment programs create a safe, secure, and comfortable environment for people to open up without fear of judgement or being misunderstood. Being a part of a group of people who are or once were in the same shoes – met with similar obsticales and struggles – promotes treatment adherence and treatment outcomes.
- Specialized treatment for armed service veterans and police members is available in Massachusetts. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is common among people in this field of work, and addiction rates are also high. Being surrounded by peers with similar experiences can be of great help to many individuals who are currently in treatment or recovery.
- Faith-based programs for a variety of different religions are available in the state because of the large, diverse population. For many, a faith-based program can aid in the healing process.
How Can Massachusetts Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers Help?
The Bay State offers a wide-range of treatment options for people in need of help overcoming drug addiction or alcohol dependence. Programs for addiction treatment in Massachusetts vary in both structure and strategy. Therefore, people from all walks of life, struggling with all different forms of addiction, can find the right program that best suits their needs. Find treatment from a certified and licensed Massachusetts drug and alcohol treatment center today. Pick up the phone and dial (855) 638-9268 to speak with one of our admissions coordinators for more information about how to begin your journey on the road to recovery.