In this article
- Find Treatment Centers for Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Mississippi
- Mississippi Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics
- How can I Find the Right Drug Rehab in Mississippi?
- Mississippi Addiction Intervention Services
- Mississippi Drug and Alcohol Detox
- Mississippi Addiction Treatment Programs
- Specialized Addiction Programs in Mississippi
- How Can Mississippi Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers Help?
Although rates of alcohol and drug use are rapidly growing throughout the country, Mississippi is fortunate to have one of the lowest alcohol addiction and abuse rates in the U.S. However, the number of Mississippi residents who are dependent on or abuse illicit drugs is much higher than the national average. Substance abuse can easily lead to addiction, and both issues require professional help and quality care from certified Mississippi drug and alcohol treatment centers.
People living in the Magnolia State who are struggling with alcohol addiction or drug dependence have a variety of excellent options for treatment available to choose from. If you are one of the many millions of Americans who have fallen victim to the disease of addiction, the right Mississippi drug rehab can provide you with the help you need to achieve a new life of sobriety.
- Overdose deaths involving opioids have doubled since 2000
- Mississippi’s per-capita rate of opioid painkiller prescriptions is one of the highest in the country.
- In Mississippi, about 5.8% of people over the age of 12 are dependent on alcohol, and about 2.7% of people over the age of 12 are dependent on drugs (Behavioral Health Barometer Mississippi, 2015).
- Only 4.6% of alcoholics and 7.5% of drug addicts in Mississippi receive any professional help.
Drug and alcohol addiction occurs when the body’s reward system has been hijacked and the addict needs to take larger and more frequent amounts of their substance of choice. Drug abuse often continues despite harmful consequences, and can end up costing a person their job, their friends, their family, and even their life.
There are over 70 drug and alcohol treatment centers in Mississippi. At Get Treatment, we understand that finding the right program for drug treatment in Mississippi can be challenging and overwhelming. For this reason, we offer a free and confidential assessment and insurance verification. Our trusted and caring admissions coordinators are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process of finding the best Mississippi drug rehab center for your needs.
When an addict’s friends and family realize that their loved one needs to get help for their addiction, they can communicate this message by putting together an intervention. During an intervention, an addict is asked to accept treatment. Interventions can be informal and carried out by one’s friends and family, or formal and lead by a trained interventionist. A professional interventionist can:
- Assess the person’s addiction and the factors which may be contributing it.
- Suggest an effective intervention technique for the specific situation.
- Recommend treatment options that they believe would best suit an individual’s unique needs.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists. Don’t go through the process of recovery alone. There are people who can help you with the struggles you’re facing. Get in touch with one of us today.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
Detox services play an important role in addiction treatment. Before starting an addiction treatment program, many people need to first remove the addicting substance from their body. Detoxification is done with the goal to either discontinue use completely or to at least start on a medical maintenance program. The more people choose to seek out detox services, the less overdose deaths Mississippi is likely to see. The best way to avoid an overdose is to break the body’s dependency on an addicting substance before a dangerous amount of the drug is consumed.
In Mississippi, the number of unintended annual deaths from drug overdoses has increased 10-fold since 1990 (Mississippi Morbidity Report, March 2013).
One of the main components of treatment for drug and alcohol addiction is one-on-one counseling sessions. During these sessions, the counselor will typically employ a combination of three therapeutic methods:
- Motivational Interviewing: An approach to patient-therapist interaction which encourages the patient to find their own self-motivation for pursuing treatment.
- Contingency Management: A therapeutic method in which rewards are contingent on how well a patient adheres to treatment.
- Cognitive-behavioral Therapy: A therapeutic technique which teaches a patient how to stick to contingencies by helping them change negative thoughts and behaviors.
Addiction treatment can sometimes involve family and couple’s counseling as well, and the above methods can also be successfully used in each. Additionally, some patients can benefit greatly from the aid of pharmacological agents. These agents can help patients focus on recovery by improving the symptoms of mental disorders or by reducing cravings.
Some people, when their addictions are highly progressed, begin their path to recovery at an inpatient treatment center. Here, they are provided with round-the-clock support, both emotional and medical if need be. They can receive counseling, attend groups, and direct all of their energy towards building the basis for a long-term recovery.
Afterwards, many inpatients transition into continued aftercare at outpatient programs. Some people start their journey to recovery as an outpatient, particularly when their addiction is not quite as severe. Outpatients continue to attend counseling sessions and group meetings, but they also have varying degrees of involvement with their day-to-day activities and responsibilities. They may begin pursuing employment and reconnecting with friends and family. Attending self-help groups such as AA meetings is a popular and highly accessible outpatient treatment option.
No single individual who enters addiction treatment has the same needs as another. This is why every person is initially assessed for the unique way that their addiction overlaps with factors such as their mental health, medical conditions, family relationships, support environment, and much more. Treatments that are tailored to fit someone’s unique circumstances consistently show the highest levels of success. Of particular importance is treating a patient’s addiction and any other mental health problems at the same time.
Today’s treatment facilities strive to take a holistic approach to every person who comes to them for help. If you are struggling with alcohol or drug addiction, there are treatment options available that can lead you to recovery.
Alcoholism and drug addiction are complex disorders, which are extremely dangerous and often fatal when left untreated. Programs for addiction treatment in Mississippi vary in structure and method of approach. It is crucial to consider every option available, so that you can choose a rehab facility that will address your every need through an individualized treatment plan.
A certified Mississippi drug and alcohol treatment center, which best suits your individualized circumstance, will help you achieve a successful recovery from addiction and lifelong sobriety. Explore your options for addiction treatment in Mississippi today and get started on your journey to recovery.