In this article
Nebraska is often overlooked in terms of drug abuse because of its relatively small population and Midwestern charm. Unfortunately, state residents suffer from similar addiction-related problems that plague the rest of the United States. Nebraska drug and alcohol treatment centers are here to help. The state offers treatment programs for people who want to get help. Getting sober is not easy, but it is one of the best decisions you could ever make.
The Cornhusker state is known for its rich farmland and friendly Midwestern residents. The slower pace in the Nebraska allows addicts to fully focus on their recovery without the distractions found in a bustling metropolis. Yet, the major cities Lincoln and Omaha offer an alternative approach for those who are looking for a more clinical approach to detox and treatment.
In general, Nebraska residents abuse drugs and abuse alcohol less than the national average. However, binge drinking rates are high within the state and many adults develop an alcohol dependence because of this.
- Methamphetamine is one of the most used illegal drugs in Nebraska.
- Prescription opioid abuse also pose a problem within the state. Long-term abuse of prescription drugs can result in serious health consequences and an increased likelihood of an overdose-related death.
- A rise in heroin has also been reported as addicts shift to a cheaper and more available alternative.
- One the other hand, teenage alcohol consumption and cigarette use has declined in the state since 2000. If these numbers are decreasing, it may help decrease binge drinking and alcoholism rates as adolescents enter adulthood.
Holding an intervention for somebody you care about can be an overwhelming proposition. After all, you never quite know how it is going to go, and you do not want to push an addict further into substance abuse, and add new problems or feelings of discomfort.
If you are going to hold an intervention, it is wise to enlist the help of a counselor with experience. They will help you set up the intervention, keep it factual and less emotionally driven, and ensure that treatment options are available for your loved one immediately, should they agree to accept help.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists. Don’t go through the process of recovery alone. There are people who can help you with the struggles you’re facing. Get in touch with one of us today.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
Detox is often the safest and most effective protocol for the treatment of drug and alcohol withdrawal. During the detoxification process, patients may experience severe withdrawal symptoms, especially if they are heavily addicted to drugs like opiates and alcohol. Going through detox in a professional treatment facility is often necessary for these patients. It’s also an important part of the addiction recovery process as it helps to break the physical dependence on the substance of abuse. This type of treatment setting prevents access to addictive substances and has been shown to reduce the chances of relapse. Nebraska drug detox programs are designed to help individuals withdraw slowly from the substance of abuse, ultimately removing all traces of it from their system.
Quitting drugs or alcohol cold turkey is highly unadvised. Intense withdrawal symptoms can lead to life-threatening consequences, which if left unattended, can lead to death. Clinical professionals at Nebraska drug and alcohol detox centers will monitor your progress and physical health while you undergo treatment. In a certified rehab center, you will be given a safe and comfortable environment in which to detox and prescribed medications if and when needed.
The type of detoxification program needed will depend on the patient’s individual health, their history with addiction, and their treatment history. In the state of Nebraska, there are a couple prominent types of detox programs that are often very helpful for most addicts.
Nebraska drug and alcohol treatment programs offer options multiple options to residents of the state. Among the most common you will find include:
- Inpatient treatment lasts approximately 30 to 90 days, depending on the severity of addiction. Addicts must reside at a the treatment facility while completing a variety of different addiction
programming. This form of treatment often follows detox and many programs use medication designed to aid in the process. Inpatient care is recommended for anyone with a moderate to severe drug or alcohol abuse problem.
- Outpatient treatment allows clients to reside at home or at a sober living facility during their treatment regimen. Oftentimes addicts are able to fulfill responsibilities at home while they undergo treatment. Meetings are a common part of outpatient therapy. This form of therapy is not usually recommended for those with more severe addictions.
- Holistic drug rehabilitation treatment programs focus on general wellness and often do not provide medication. Some examples of holistic therapies include meditation, exercise programs, chiropractic care, yoga, and nutritional therapy.
Specialized programs that cater to specific members of the community are becoming very popular in the state of Nebraska, as well as across the country. Examples of three of these programs include:
- Specialized programs for members of the LGBTQ community are available in Nebraska. Many members of the LGBTQ community find this more focused treatment ideal.
- Specialized treatment programs for veterans are available through the VA hospital and outside private programs. Being with people who have had similar experience is important for those experiencing PTSD.
- Christian and other faith-related programs are available in Nebraska. Many rehab facilities include faith based treatment in the form of 12-step programs.
Nebraska has a large range of drug and alcohol treatment programs for available to individuals struggling with substance abuse and addiction. It’s important to find the drug treatment program that best suits your specific needs. At Get Treatment, we can help you find the most suitable inpatient or outpatient treatment program to recover from addiction.
Find treatment from an accredited Nebraska drug and alcohol treatment center today. Contact our admissions coordinators for more information about how to begin the recovery process. Why hesitate to take back the life addiction has stolen from you or a loved one? Contact an addiction specialist today and explore your options for Nebraska drug and alcohol treatment.