In this article
- Finding Help for Addiction with New York Drug Rehab Centers
- New York Substance Abuse Statistics
- New York Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers
- Drug Detox Services in New York
- New York Drug Rehab Programs
- Specialized Addiction Treatment Programs in New York
- How Can New York Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers Help?
New York is one of the most populated states in the country with some of the most densely populated city centers in the world. The difference between Manhattan and outlying upstate regions can be staggering though, creating a diverse group of individuals within the state.
According to national drug statistics, drug use rates in the state of New York are about 1% higher than the national average.
While drug-induced deaths are lower than the national average, drug abuse is still a major concern in the region. New York drug and alcohol treatment centers are dedicated to helping individuals get the help they need to address their substance dependence.
Those in the Empire state have access to some of the most cutting-edge medical practices in the country, making an ideal place to recover from addiction. Contact New York Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers when you are ready to take your life back.
- In the state of New York, heroin abuse is a major health concern and statistics for use are much higher than the national average.
- In 2015, there were 937 unintentional drug overdose deaths in New York City compared with 800 deaths the previous year.
- The rate of drug overdose deaths in the state of New York increased for the fifth consecutive year, from 8.2 per 100,000 residents in 2010 to 13.6 per 100,000
residents in 2015, a 66% increase.
- In 2015, 97% of overdose deaths involved more than one substance and eight in 10 (80%) overdose deaths involved an opioid.
- Heroin was involved in 556 of those deaths, making it the most common substance recorded in overdose fatalities.
- Opioid analgesics, excluding fentanyl, were responsible for 214 deaths, and fentanyl was involved in 146 overdose deaths that year.
- In 2015, the rate of drug overdose deaths was highest among Bronx residents, with a 46% increase from the previous year.
- The Latino population in New Yorker experienced the largest increase (46%) in drug overdose deaths compared with all other races/ethnicities.
- Prescription opioid abuse is also reaching epic heights in the state when compared to other areas around the country.
- Following heroin and prescription opioids like hydrocodone, cocaine, marijuana and methamphetamines are most abused.
- According to SAMHSA, 14% of youth ages 12-20 in New York reported binge alcohol use in 2013 and 2014.
There are hundreds of alcohol and drug treatment centers in New York. At Get Treatment, we understand that finding the right New York drug treatment program that fits your needs can be difficult and overwhelming. This is why we offer free and confidential assessments and insurance verification. Our trusted and compassionate admissions specialists are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right New York drug and alcohol rehab center for your needs.
There are hundreds of different facilities that offer detoxification services in New York. Finding the right detox program is essential to helping you or someone you love fight addiction and achieve lasting sobriety. The responsibility of finding a professional detox center doesn’t have to fall on your shoulders. At Get Treatment, can help you find the program that’s right for you.
Our staff of highly experienced admissions coordinators will work with you to guide you through the process of finding an accredited New York drug detox and treatment center. Our trained professionals will ask you questions about your particular needs so they can better assist you in your search for addiction treatment. We can help you find the treatment center that offers the right services and programs you need to fight your addiction.
Detoxification is often an essential step in the rehabilitation process. It is used to rid the body of the harmful and addictive chemicals found in drugs and alcohol. New York drug detox programs provide a variety of detoxification protocols for individuals struggling with drug and alcohol addiction.
- Medicated detoxification or medical detox utilizes medical interventions like medication and the supervision of professional medical staff to help ease withdrawal symptoms. Specialized medications are commonly used to stabilize the patients, followed by addiction treatment therapies in both individual and group settings.
- Non-medicated detox gives recovering addicts a safe space to allow drugs to leave their system. Medication is not used, making it more difficult for some, especially those who are dealing with more serious addictions. Not every person is the ideal candidate for non-medical detox, and each case should take into account the person’s history with drugs or alcohol and their current health.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists. Don’t go through the process of recovery alone. There are people who can help you with the struggles you’re facing. Get in touch with one of us today.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
Besides detoxification protocols, New York drug and alcohol treatment centers offer several different program types for individuals who want to get treatment for drug addiction and alcoholism.
New York drug rehab centers offer a variety of rehabilitation programs, some of which are specialized to meet the needs of certain individuals within the community. Several rug treatment centers in New York offer the following specialized programs for addiction rehabilitation:
- Inpatient and outpatient programs for members of the LGBTQ community.
- Inpatient and outpatient programs for individuals from various religious backgrounds. Christian, Jewish, Buddhist and various other faith-based programs are available through drug and alcohol treatment centers in New York.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs offers treatment programs for past and current members of the armed services. Many of these programs are designed to help reduce symptoms of PTSD, which can lead to drug and alcohol abuse among veterans.
New York State offers a wide variety of treatment options for people seeking help for drug and alcohol addiction. From private facilities to public facilities, the state has an infrastructure in place to help support recovering addicts. You can begin the journey to recovery with a customized treatment plan that meets your particular needs. Find treatment from a certified and licensed New York drug and alcohol treatment center today. One of our admissions coordinators can give you more information about how to begin the recovery process.