Addiction Treatment in New York
New York is one of the most populated states in the country with some of the most densely populated city centers in the world. The difference between Manhattan and outlying upstate regions can be staggering though, creating a diverse group of individuals within the state. According to the White House and national drug statistics, drug use rates are about 1% higher than the national average in New York. While drug-induced deaths are lower than the national average, drug abuse is still a major concern in the region. New York drug and alcohol treatment centers are dedicated to helping individuals get the help they need to address their substance dependence.
Those in the Empire state have access to some of the most cutting-edge medical practices in the country, making an ideal place to recover from addiction. Contact New York Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers when you are ready to take your life back.
What are the Drug Abuse Trends in New York?
In the state of New York, heroin abuse is a major health concern and statistics for use are much higher than the national average. Prescription opioid abuse is also reaching epic heights in the state when compared to other areas around the country. Following heroin and prescription opioids like hydrocodone, cocaine, marijuana and methamphetamines are also a serious problem that law enforcement is working on cracking down on. For many residents, addiction is a major issue.
How do I find Drug or Alcohol Treatment in New York?
At Get Treatment, we understand that finding the right New York drug treatment program that fits your needs can be difficult and overwhelming. This is why we offer free and confidential assessments and insurance verification. Our trusted and compassionate admissions specialists are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right New York drug and alcohol rehab center for your needs.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists. Don’t go through the process of recovery alone. There are people who can help you with the struggles you’re facing. Get in touch with one of us today.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
Does New York offer Medical and Non-Medical Detox?
Detox is used to rid the body of the harmful and addictive chemicals found in drugs and alcohol. New York drug detox programs provide a variety of detoxification protocols for individuals struggling with drug and alcohol addiction.
- Medicated detoxification or medical detox utilizes medical interventions like medication and the supervision of professional medical staff to help ease withdrawal symptoms. Specialized medications are commonly used along with individual therapy and group therapy.
- Non-medicated detox gives recovering addicts a safe space to allow drugs to leave their system. Medication is not used, making it more difficult for some, especially those who are dealing with more serious addictions. Not every person is the ideal candidate for non-medical detox, and each case should take into account the person’s history with drugs or alcohol and their current health.
What does a New York Drug Rehab consist of?
Besides detoxification protocols, New York drug and alcohol treatment centers offer several different program types for individuals who want to get treatment for drug addiction and alcoholism. The most common addiction treatment programs include:
- Inpatient rehabilitation programs take place in a treatment facility where patients live as they undergo addiction treatment. Residential treatment centers provide 24/7 medical supervision, individual and group therapy, and relapse prevention programs. The average inpatient program stay is anywhere from 30 to 90 days. Holistic treatment therapies focus on general wellness and therapy to help patients overcome drug addiction. These holistic treatments serve as an adjunct to traditional treatment, and can include yoga, art therapy, biofeedback, and acupuncture, among others.
- Outpatient rehab programs provide recovering addicts with treatment while still allowing them to keep their jobs and tend to their responsibilities at home. Meetings are usually scheduled anywhere from once per day to a few times per week. Medication can be used, but it isn’t always a part of outpatient treatment programs.
What are some Specialized Programs offered in New York?
New York drug rehab centers offer a variety of rehabilitation programs, some of which are specialized to meet the needs of certain individuals within the community. Several rug treatment centers in New York offer the following specialized programs for addiction rehabilitation:
- Inpatient and outpatient programs for members of the LGBTQ community.
- Inpatient and outpatient programs for individuals from various religious backgrounds. Christian, Jewish, Buddhist and various other faith-based programs are available through drug and alcohol treatment centers in New York.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs offers treatment programs for past and current members of the armed services. Many of these programs are designed to help reduce symptoms of PTSD, which can lead to drug and alcohol abuse among veterans.
How Can New York Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers Help?
New York State offers a wide variety of treatment options for people seeking help for drug and alcohol addiction. From private facilities to public facilities, the state has an infrastructure in place to help support recovering addicts. You can begin the journey to recovery with a customized treatment plan that meets your particular needs. Find treatment from a certified and licensed New York drug and alcohol treatment center today. One of our admissions coordinators can give you more information about how to begin the recovery process.