In this article
- Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in South Carolina
- South Carolina Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics
- What are the Signs of Drug or Alcohol Addiction?
- South Carolina Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers
- South Carolina Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- How Can South Carolina Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Help?
An estimated 235,000 people in South Carolina aged 12 and older abused alcohol per year (2013-2014), according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Additionally, an estimated 7.6 percent of adults in South Carolina reported heavy alcohol use. This number is a bit higher than the average percentage for United States as a whole.
South Carolina drug and alcohol treatment centers are determined to turn this trend around.
The Palmetto State is known for its subtropical coastline and marsh-like islands. In addition to the pleasant climate, South Carolina is rich with history and old south plantation homes. Those seeking treatment in the state will find that it feels like a home away from home. Explore your options for South Carolina drug and alcohol treatment centers and finally live the life you’ve been dreaming of.
- South Carolina residents cite marijuana as the most common reason for drug treatment admission, according to the White House’s South Carolina Drug Control Update.
- Other drugs residents seek treatment for include opiates, cocaine, and stimulants.
- Drug overdose death rates among residents aged 12-25 have doubled in the state over the last 12 years, according to recent report.
- According to Modern Healthcare, South Carolina’s doctors are the 11th highest in the country for painkiller prescribing. Painkillers can unfortunately serve as a “gateway” drug to heroin abuse. Also, just because painkillers are legal does not mean they aren’t deadly.
- Deaths from prescription opioid overdose increased by 9 percent from 2014 to 2015, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Drug and alcohol addiction is a condition that is treatable with the right help and support. Seeking holistic addiction treatment in South Carolina can be the first step to a longer and healthier life free from drug abuse. Leave addiction in the past. Dial an admissions counselor and see how a South Carolina drug and alcohol treatment program can benefit you today.
The signs of drug and/or alcohol addiction can vary based on the substance abused. For example, those abusing crack cocaine may appear very energetic or refrain from sleeping for days at a time. In contrast, those who abuse heroin often appear lethargic and tired. However, there are some drug and/or alcohol addiction symptoms that occur no matter the addiction. Knowing the signs of a drug or alcohol addiction is important so you can get yourself or someone you love the professional help that is necessary.
These and other signs can signal that an individual may need help for substance abuse or addiction. If you notice these signs in someone you love, contact Get Treatment at 855-638-9268. We can help you find a South Carolina drug and alcohol rehab that fits your needs.
There are many options for drug and alcohol addiction treatment in South Carolina. At Get Treatment, our admissions specialists understand that finding the right South Carolina drug rehab program that fits your needs can often be difficult and overwhelming. This is why we offer free and confidential assessments and insurance verification. Our trusted and compassionate admissions coordinators are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right South Carolina drug and alcohol rehab center for your needs.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists. Don’t go through the process of recovery alone. There are people who can help you with the struggles you’re facing. Get in touch with one of us today.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
Both alcohol and drug treatment programs are available in South Carolina. While availability can vary by area of the state, some examples of treatment program types in the state include:
If you are suffering from alcohol or drug addiction, finding a certified treatment center is key to sustained recovery. You don’t have to let drugs and alcohol destroy your life and the lives of the people who love you for one more day. At Get Treatment, our admissions professionals can help you find a reputable South Carolina drug and alcohol treatment center that meets all your needs for recovery. Let us help you get back on the right path.