In this article
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in South Dakota
- South Dakota Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics
- Know the Signs of Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- South Dakota Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers
- Can an Intervention Help My Loved One?
- South Dakota Drug and Alcohol Detox Services
- Which South Dakota Drug Treatment Programs are Right for Me?
- How can South Dakota Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers Help Me?
South Dakota is a state that most people may not relate to drug and alcohol addiction. This is not to say that it does not suffer from the same epidemic that is plaguing the United States. South Dakota is no stranger to the drug problem that is sweeping the nation. Fortunately, South Dakota drug and alcohol treatment centers have the professional staff and tools required to help propel the state out of this seemingly endless cycle of substance abuse.
The Mount Rushmore State gets its name for being home to one of the most famous monuments in the country. In addition to Mount Rushmore, South Dakota is known for its rolling prairies, Native American history, and the breathtaking Black Hills National Forest. South Dakota is often an ideal location for seeking help for drug or alcohol addiction. It’s slower-paced environment and style of living is conducive to relaxation and reduces the temptation to engage in substance abuse.When it is the right time, South Dakota could be the place for you to get sober.
- That means that South Dakota’s major issue involves alcohol abuse. While there are certainly residents of the state that use and abuse illegal and illegally-prescribed drugs, the statistics are generally lower than average.
- Fortunately, the youth in South Dakota tend to abuse illicit drugs at a lower rate than average.
- Unfortunately, binge alcohol consumption rates among youth residents are about three percent higher than the national average.
According to SAMHSA data from 2010 – 2014, the drugs first abused among adolescents ages 12-17 in South Dakota include:
- Alcohol 9.5%
- Marijuana 3.8%
- Cigarettes 4.9%
- Nonmedical use of pain relievers 4.4%
- Nonmedical use of psychotherapeutic drugs 2.3%
Addiction is a serious problem for many residents of South Dakota, alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence being the most prevalent issue. Both teens and adults in South Dakota are drinking at rates much higher than the national average.
It’s important to know the signs and symptoms associated with drug and alcohol addiction so you can get someone you love the help they need. At Get Treatment, we can help you find a South Dakota rehab center that fits your needs for recovery.
There are certain signs of addiction that are important to be aware of. If you notice any of the flowing signs from someone you love, it may be time to get them help for addiction.
If you or a loved one is struggling with drug or alcohol dependence, finding the right treatment program to meet your needs is of the utmost importance. At Get Treatment, we can help you find a South Dakota drug and alcohol rehab center to help you fight your addiction. Call 855-638-9268 today.
There are number of different drug and alcohol rehab centers in South Dakota. The professionals at Get Treatment understand that finding the right program for drug treatment in South Dakota can be overwhelming. For this reason, we offer free and confidential assessments and insurance verification. Our trusted and caring admissions professionals are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right South Dakota drug rehab center to fit your needs.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists. Don’t go through the process of recovery alone. There are people who can help you with the struggles you’re facing. Get in touch with one of us today.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
Many addicts do not believe, or refuse to accept, that they have a problem with substance abuse. Due to this, interventions can help many people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol. However, it is important that interventions are conducted properly in order to yield the best results.Ideally, you will have a well organized and planned out meeting with close family and friends, and perhaps the aid of an addiction counselor at your intervention. These specialists are known as interventionist, and they can help guide the meeting so that everyone stays on track. These counselors will guide the session and they also have access to treatment facilities where the addict can go the same day, should they accept help. To learn more about how to conduct a formal intervention, read our Get Treatment Intervention Guide.
You can find a variety of different drug and alcohol detox programs throughout South Dakota. It’s important to find a reputable treatment center that can help you or someone you love break the physical dependence to drugs or alcohol. Drug and alcohol abuse can damage both your mental and physical health, and withdrawal can be incredibly unpleasant for many. For that reason, detox is available at many South Dakota drug and alcohol treatment centers.
Whether you are in need of an inpatient medical detox program or a facility that offers a more holistic healing approach to detox, the professionals at Get Treatment can help you can find the detox treatment service that’s right for you.
To learn more about detox, and how we can help you find a rehab program that’s right for you, call Get Treatment today at 855-638-9268.The type of detox protocol needed will depend on the patient’s particular needs, including their history with substance abuse, the amount of times they’ve tried to detox in the past, and their current physical health. Patient must be evaluated in order to determine their needs for detox and treatment. It’s important to note that detox alone does not cure addiction. In fact, addiction is incurable. It’s a debilitating brain disease that must be managed through various coping techniques and relapse prevention strategies learned during rehabilitation.
South Dakota has a relatively small population, but this is not to say South Dakota drug and alcohol treatment centers are not equipped with options. You’ll be able to find a rehab program that meets your needs for recovery. There several options for rehabilitation, including inpatient rehab and outpatient treatment options.
- Inpatient or Residential rehab centers require patients to live in the treatment facility for a designated period of 30 to 90 days, depending on the needs of the patient. During treatment, patients will receive medical and therapeutic interventions implemented by addiction specialists and medical professionals. Holistic therapies can also be incorporated into treatment plans, such as yoga, art therapy, acupuncture, and more.
- Outpatient treatment programs allow addicts to stay at home and commute to meetings and therapy sessions on a daily or weekly basis. This can be an ideal treatment option for people with more moderate addictions, without a long-term history of abuse. Outpatient rehab programs aren’t right for everyone. Only those who have a strong commitment and strong support system at home are good candidates for this type of treatment.
South Dakota faces specific challenges when it comes to alcohol abuse and underage binge drinking. Many alcohol and drug treatment facilities are available to help residents.When it comes to recovery, South Dakota is one of the best and safest states in the country to seek treatment for addiction. Whether you need a public or private drug treatment center in South Dakota, at Get Treatment, we can help you find the rehab center that’s right for you. Find treatment from a certified and licensed South Dakota drug and alcohol treatment center today. Contact our admissions coordinators for more information about how to begin the recovery process.