In this article
West Virginia is a state known for its rugged landscape and hometown atmosphere. However, this is not to say that the state is not ravaged by the same epidemic that is quickly spreading throughout the rest of the United States. West Virginia drug and alcohol treatment centers have experienced a rise in admissions in recent years, as an opioid crisis has taken hold of the nation.
The Mountain State gets its name from the tree-covered Appalachian Mountains that extend across the landscape. In addition to the natural beauty, West Virginia is rich with American history, as it was a key state during the famous Civil War. For those seeking treatment for addiction, look no further than West Virginia drug and alcohol treatment centers.
- An analysis published by the West Virginia Health Statistics Center revealed that at least 818 people in West Virginia died of drug overdoses in 2016 – almost a 13 percent increase from 2015.
- While fewer opioids are being purchased, many residents are turning to cheaper alternatives like heroin, which is often laced with more dangerous drugs like fentanyl.
- In August of 2016, there were 27 reported heroin overdoses in a period of four hours in the city of Huntington, according to a CNN report. One of these people died and the others were hospitalized for care and properly treated.
- For the last five years, a West Virginia state program that provides burial services has nearly run out of money due to the surge in drug overdose deaths.
- An investigation last year found that more than 780 million doses of opiate painkillers like hydrocodone and oxycodone were shipped to pharmacies in the state between 2007 and 2012.
- Six of the 55 counties in the state have the highest opioid-related overdose death rates in the country – almost 2,000 residents died from overdosing on hydrocodone and oxycontin pills
There is a variety of drug and alcohol addiction rehab treatment programs available in West Virginia. At Get Treatment, we understand that searching for the right West Virginia drug rehab program that fits your needs can often be difficult and overwhelming. For this reason, we offer free and confidential assessments and insurance verification. Our trusted and compassionate admissions coordinators are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right West Virginia opioid drug treatment or alcohol rehab center for your needs.
Ready To Get Treatment?
Get a FREE assessment and insurance verification when you call one of our trusted addiction specialists. Don’t go through the process of recovery alone. There are people who can help you with the struggles you’re facing. Get in touch with one of us today.Call us Now (855) 638-9268
There are a number of drug alcohol detox program in West Virginia. Finding the right detox program for your individual needs is crucial when it comes to successfully treating your addiction. The task of finding a safe and licensed West Virginia detox program doesn’t have to fall on your shoulders. At Get Treatment, we can help you find right the drug and alcohol detox program so you can focus on your recovery.
Our caring and knowledgeable admissions specialists will help to find you a licensed and certified West Virginia drug detox program that meets your needs. When you contact us, one of our professionals will ask you a series of questions regarding you substance abuse history and your experience with rehab. Your answers to these questions will help our specialists determine what type of care is most suitable for you. This way, we are better able to find the addiction treatment center that offers the appropriate services and programs.
Detox is often the first and most crucial step in the recovery process. It is necessary for many patients, as it helps to treat the physical dependence on drugs or alcohol. Once detox is completed, the patient can move on to other aspects of treatment.
Addiction is deeply painful for the people suffering from it as well as their families, friends and loved ones. Drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs are an ideal way to mange and treat the addiction so the patient can return to a healthy, happy life. Whether you’re in need of an inpatient program, outpatient treatment center, or a state-of-the-art facility that offers detox and a combination of evidence-based and holistic therapy programs, the professional at Get Treatment can help.
Two basic types of treatment programs exist. These include:
- Inpatient treatment provides a structured living environment for patients. Programs typically last anywhere form 30 to 90 days, depending on the person’s recovery needs. During their stay, patients will often undergo detox (if they have not detoxed already) as well as receive therapeutic treatment in both individual and group settings. Other treatment services may include family counseling, behavioral therapy, and holistic treatments such as art, music, yoga, and equine therapy, among others. Inpatient treatment is considered to be the most effective program for long-term drug users.
- Outpatient services are best suited for those patients who have either been through inpatient program already or those who cannot leave their home or work responsibilities behind. This type of addiction treatment is not ideal for anyone with a long-term addiction or for people who do not have a strong support system in place. Patients in an outpatient rehab program will be required to attend daily or weekly therapy sessions, depending on the intensity of the program.
West Virginia is in the grips of a major opioid addiction crisis. From prescription drugs that are being abused to heroin sold on the street, too many people are dying and not getting the help they need. When heroin and opioid abuse become a major issue for an addict, the unfortunate part is that there are severe consequences. Overdose is far more likely with heroin and prescription opioids than some other drugs since dosage can be hard to control and tolerance increases quickly.
There are treatment options available for people of West Virginia. Detox, inpatient care, outpatient programs and holistic wellness treatment centers all give users a respite from the cycle of abuse that’s been holding them down. It is never too late to get professional help for your addiction.