In this article
Wisconsin may not be known for being a party destination or a port for illegal drugs to travel through, but this is not to say that the Midwestern state is not afflicted with the epidemic that is sweeping the nation. Alcohol and drug addiction affects those from all backgrounds and walks of life- it does not discriminate. Fortunately, neither do Wisconsin drug and alcohol treatment centers.
Known as both the Badger State and America’s Dairyland, Wisconsin is known for its agricultural land, forests, and Great Lake coastlines. It is also home to numerous Wisconsin drug and alcohol treatment centers that can help you overcome addiction today.
- Underage drinking is also a major concern, with research showing that 15% of Wisconsin high-school kids trying alcohol before the age of 13 in 2013.
- From 2010 to 2012, the rate of underage drinking and binge drinking in Wisconsin was higher than the national average.
- An estimated eight percent of Wisconsin residents (ages 12 and older) suffered from alcohol abuse or alcoholism in 2013-2014.
Wisconsin also faces drug addiction problems, related in particular, to opioids like heroin.
- 873 Wisconsin residents died in 2015 as a direct result of illegal drug use.
- In 2014, 21 percent of all motor vehicle accidents in Wisconsin were drug related.
- Between 2006 and 2015, the amount of heroin related deaths in Wisconsin rose from 5 percent to 32 percent (more than fivefold).
- Many drug overdose deaths in Wisconsin may be related to an increase in the substitution of heroin for prescription drugs.
Wisconsin Drug Alcohol Rehab Treatment Programs
There are a variety of drug and alcohol rehab treatment centers in the state of Wisconsin. At Get Treatment, we understand that searching for the right Wisconsin drug alcohol rehab facility that fits your needs can be overwhelming. For this reason, we offer free and confidential assessments and insurance verification. Our trusted and compassionate admissions coordinators are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. We can guide you through the process, and make sure you find the right Wisconsin substance abuse treatment center for your needs.
Long-term or heavy drug abuse can take a physical toll on many users. Withdrawal is also very real, and in some cases, quite dangerous. At Get Treatment, we can help you find the right drug alcohol detox treatment program in Wisconsin.
There are a number of detox programs in Wisconsin. Finding the right one that suits your individual needs is of the utmost importance when you are trying to fight your addiction. The task of finding a safe and accredited Wisconsin drug alcohol detox program doesn’t have to fall on you. At Get Treatment, we can help you find right the program so you can focus solely on your recovery.
When you contact one of our admissions professionals, they will ask you a few questions pertaining to your history with drug abuse and any previous stays in rehab. Your answers will help our specialists determine what type of detox program is most suitable for you.
Detox is typically the first step for anyone entering rehab. This protocol is particularly important for anyone who has a long history of substance abuse and addiction. Detox is designed to help treat the physical dependence on drugs or alcohol by eliminating harmful and addictive toxins from the body. Once detox is done, patients can move on to other steps of the treatment process.
Addiction can be incredibly painful for addicts and the people that care about them. There are treatment programs available to help people lead better, more productive lives though. Finding the right treatment is certainly possible.
Two basic types of treatment programs exist. These include:
- Residential or inpatient treatment provides provides recovering addicts with a place to live while they recover. These rehab programs last anywhere form 30 to 90 days, depending on the patient’s needs. These intensive programs commonly combine detox and medication, individual and group therapy, and a discharge plan for recovery once the addict leaves the facility. Other therapies may include behavioral therapy, family counseling, and holistic treatments such as art, yoga, and acupuncture, among others.
Inpatient treatment is considered to be the most effective program for long-term drug addicts.
- Outpatient rehab services are more suited for patients who have already gone through an inpatient program or for anyone who cannot leave their work or home responsibilities for an extended length of time. This type of rehabilitation treatment is not suitable for anyone with a long-term addiction or for those who lack a strong support at home. Patients who participate in outpatient rehab programs are required to attend weekly therapy sessions to address the underlying causes of addiction.
Wisconsin isn’t a state that most people would assume has a substance abuse problem, but alcohol abuse and opioid dependence have taken a toll on its residents. With the third highest rate of adult binge drinking the entire United States, there are far too many people dependent upon alcohol in the state. Teen and adolescent alcohol consumption may be partly to blame for alcohol abuse later in life as well.
Getting treatment in the state of Wisconsin certainly is possible though. With detox, inpatient, outpatient and holistic care available, addicts no longer have to suffer. Whether you’re dealing with alcohol addiction or another type of substance abuse, you don’t have to life this way one day longer. You too can manage and treatment your addiction with the help of Wisconsin drug and alcohol treatment centers. Pick up the phone and make your second chance a reality.